Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Information
- How do I obtain or review the flood map for my area, and how do I read it?
- How do I find out in which "flood hazard area" or "flood zone" my home is located?
- If I disagree with my lender's determination that I am in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), what can I do?
- New maps (preliminary or effective) show my home now to be located in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA); how does this affect my property and me?
- Where can I learn more about purchasing flood insurance?
For additional FAQs, please review FAQs for Homeowners.
Engineers, Surveyors, and Architects
- Fee Information
- MT-1 Application Package
- MT-2 Application Package
- MT-EZ Application Package
- FAQs for Engineers, Surveyors, and Architects
Insurance Professionals and Lenders
- NFIP Laws and Regulations
- Download the Zone A Manual
- Cooperating Technical Partners Program
- FAQs for Floodplain Managers
For More Information
For more information or additional assistance:
- Please e-mail a Map Specialist.
- Please call a Map Specialist in the FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX); toll free, at
1-877-FEMA MAP (1-877-336-2627).
- Please register to receive updates on FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping activities via e-mail.
Return to FMIX main page.
Last Modified: Friday, 14-Dec-2012 14:51:00 EST